Russell Brand is a comedian but most people will know him as Katy Perry's husband. Also know as acting in "Get Him To The Greek" and "Arthur" which were really good movies. Well here's the thing, I got the pleasure of seeing Russell Brand Live at the Jubilee. I have to admit, I'm on a budget so I did get the cheapest ticket near the very back on the second balcony, but it didn't matter as everyone enjoyed the same show. Russell was scheduled to show up from 6:30pm and before we were able to get the show rolling, we had a whole bunch of speeches from random people from the sponsors. Then there was a 20 minute long, award winning-esque type speech by the major charity lady and I don't remember a thing she said as I got bored after 5 mins and took out my iPhone and started playing Tiny Tower. Anyway... I did start to laugh when she started to thank her family and her friends for everything... I could hear the music playing. It was really annoying and made me ask out loud if this was mistakenly some type of award show. Around 7 pm the long winded speeches were FINALLY over.
Now this was not Russell's fault so no blame to him, but it did make him late to start. Either way, he came out on stage with a big screen behind him depicting his every move and made us laugh. He is hilarious. There were things said that shouldn't have been but were anyway. A phone got broken, people got to hug him, there were serious moments and lots of water was consumed. It was awesome. I really enjoyed the show and I'm giving him a 4.5/5. Not a full 5/5 only due to the long delay from all the needless speeches. It was a great night out though and a real pleasure to enjoy his comedic ways in person. :)
Thanks for making me laugh!!

No comments:
Post a Comment