Looking back, 2011 was a pretty cool year. A lot of things happened that year and all in all it was good. I started the year with a trip to Vancouver with my Dad who hadn't been there in ages. We got to see all the Olympic stuff and ate in a revolving restaurant that was one of the higher skyscrapers around. I got to see my friend Stephanie whom I hadn't seen since grade 7 when she left to live in Vancouver. It was really cool. You know those types of people that you can go without seeing for years on end but when you meet up again it's like nothing's changed and even though everything is different you still talk as if no time has past at all? Yeah. It was like that. We got gelato. It was delish.
I like Vancouver. Since the Olympics, their subway system has improved, but don't ask me about the different zones, I still don't get that. It was fairly sunny and only rained one day. That was January.
In February I got to take up an invitation from my friend Carly to come to her wedding. I wasn't sure I'd be able to go at first, but close to last minute, I was able to go. This was an adventure in itself as she lives in Australia. I took advantage of my job benefits and got cheap flights to Los Angeles which involved a stop in Vancouver. The L.A. to Australia flight was 14 hours there and I got to ride in a double decker airbus. Talk about sweet! I was really thrilled in the fact that there was Bundaburg Gingerbeer on the flight! aa! That was heaps of fun! I drank about 5!
Australia in itself was a crazy adventure which I'm sure to write more on later, but for now Christmas on a stick.
I got a sun burn and met an echidna.
Crispy M&Ms and I were reunited once again.
As for March the only good thing about March was the impromptu trip to Canmore.
April was sweet as I got a promotion at work and went in for 6 weeks of off phone training. I missed that. It was nice to make new friends and take on more responsibility.
May was a rocking cool month. I bought a car! My first ever car. She's black and named Chupathingy. Yeah! 10 points to the first person to get that reference.
I got to help taxi a plane, ride in the TUG and hang out in the underbelly luggage area of Boeing 737.
May also marked a historic event! Rammstein came to Edmonton and my friend Mitch and I took Chupa for her second long drive and went to rock out with one of the greatest metal bands alive! This was the second time I'd seen Rammstein as the first time was back in 2009 in Paris, France. Ahh!... but that's another story. This was friggin' fantastic. I love Rammstein and I was so happy to get to see them again. It was a real treat.
I got to help taxi a plane, ride in the TUG and hang out in the underbelly luggage area of Boeing 737.
May also marked a historic event! Rammstein came to Edmonton and my friend Mitch and I took Chupa for her second long drive and went to rock out with one of the greatest metal bands alive! This was the second time I'd seen Rammstein as the first time was back in 2009 in Paris, France. Ahh!... but that's another story. This was friggin' fantastic. I love Rammstein and I was so happy to get to see them again. It was a real treat.
This was the month that I finished training and started my new role in my job. It was interesting and a good kind of challenging. It was really cool to meet new people and have this sense of being able to fix anything. hahaha.
June was spent doing a LOT of knitting. .... a lot...But SOOOOOO worth it!
July was a pretty cool month. I got to host my sister's bachelorette party which was interesting to say the least as I'd never been to one before. It turned out pretty darn sweet though if I may say so myself. July also marks the month we got Mochanut. My new lilac point ragdoll kitty. She was 15 months old already when we rescued her and has warmed up slowly but is a loving cat.
August was the turning month in the sense that it was the month that we had all worked so hard to get to and came like a freight train. My beautiful sister got married and it was the most beautiful wedding ever! Her and her husband are so perfect together and it was a magical day spent with friends and family. I hope when I get married it will be that magical. I don't think any of us wanted the day to end. My feet were happy though as the amazingly beautiful shoes I wore started to hurt a LOT after 5 hours. hahaha.
September was a really cool month. I got to say goodbye to one job and say hi to a new one which not only is more rewarding but way more fun.
October meant Thanksgiving and some time off as well as a lack luster concert from Avril Lavigne. What the hell??
It also meant making Creme Brulee, which is delicious.
November was significant in the fact that Halo: Combat Evolved 10 year anniversary was released and consequently meant I got an xbox 360 and the game of course. Most of the month was spent playing that and reliving some good memories from High School. I'm in love all over again.
Although I was sick for most of December, it was a good month. A well needed break from working for the past 10 months was really needed and well deserved. Christmas came really fast and most of the knitting got done. Zoolights this year was interesting but not as good as it has been. I wonder if maybe they need to revamp the displays? The year ended well with warm weather that reflected early spring rather than winter much to everyone's happiness.
Yup. 2011 was a good year.

No comments:
Post a Comment