19 September, 2010

Traffic Lights

There is a stretch of road on my drive to work that irregardless of time of day or day of the week, the lights always turn red. You are guaranteed to sit at the red light, wait for it to turn green and by the time you get to the next light it is red. I'm pretty sure they are set this way. Maybe it's the city's way to ensure that speeders don't speed. But it does seem a bit over kill/ridiculous! I just can't stand pointless red lights! 

So this topic of lights got me thinking of my travels to Europe, Summer of 2009. We started our 2 month tour by getting to know everyone on the bus which would soon become our home. We were told to go around the bus and introduce ourselves and say where we're from, a bit about yourself and what light you are. The idea was, Red meant you were taken and not looking for any type of relationship. Amber meant you were neither looking nor not looking. And last but not least, Green meaning single and looking. This was the best way our tour manager figured to ask the uncomfortable question that everyone wants to know! hahaha. As it seems, it's not everyday you go up to someone and ask their relationship status. But then again, how often do you find yourself on Facebook or MySpace looking at someone's Relationship Status? It's like an unwritten rule. You do not ask, but you want to know.  Ha!

So what's everyone's light? I suppose I'm Amber, but the way Kat said it best:  "Amber... I'm not looking, but if something good comes along, I'll snap it up."

No comments:

Post a Comment