So here's the deal! My wonderful sister is getting married next year. She, like me, is a knitter (as you may remember from previous posts).
So in Estonia, there was a tradition that women who were getting married, knitted mittens for their guests. Like this:
Beautiful but time consuming for certain. So What does my sister suggest to me? You got it! That she wants to knit mittens for every guest invited to the wedding. Nothing this complicated to say the least (in fact quite simple!!!) but mittens nonetheless. No one in our family is Estonian... this is purely for the challenge and fun.
Enter Ness. I knit. So why not ask Ness to knit half the pairs?? ... Not a problem! 'Cept there are 100 people invited!!!
As a consequence, at work I use my slow time to knit mittens. I might even have an unknown nickname as the "Mitten Girl" for all I know! But it doesn't matter who I talk to, people are intrigued by my knitting! A good way to use time during the lulls and no need to think about it. So it's been fun. So consider this your first update.
To date, we have:
42 pairs
84 Mittens
58 more pairs to go.
less than a year to complete this task.
| Not the most updated photo, but you get the idea |
Stay tuned...

No comments:
Post a Comment