02 September, 2010

School Again

Every September marks the beginning of a new year. Ever since the young age of 4 or 5 people get ready. The great anticipation. The anxious sleepless nights. Thinking about what will happen. Every September, thoughts of fear and excitement fill the air. Who will you meet? What will happen? Will you have fun? Will you be scared? 

School. 

I can't help but smile as I take a drive, in the one of the last warm days of what ever this so-called "Summer" was, and see all the children from 4 to 18 walking around. Waiting for a bus. Driving home. Loitering. Ahh! Such a relief to know I no longer have to go through that. Suffice to say, I've done my bit. 17 years of schooling later, I am happy to say that this is the second September in a row where I've been school free. No more debt to add on to the 4 year University degree I've accomplished, no more crummy over priced text books. 

Life is good. I've also learned that half the stuff I learned in school/Uni, really doesn't pertain to every day life. And I've also learned that I really don't know anything at all. Through allllllll the knowledge I've gained, I'll never come close to ever knowing everything! So much I don't know, or so much I've forgotten. 

I've also learned that it doesn't matter how many friends you had in High School, everyone leaves anyway and no one cares in a few years. Funny how life is so tragic and important all at once over nothing. I'm glad that I went to school and graduated from High School as well as convocating from University, but if I had to do it again, I wouldn't. I don't regret it, but I don't miss a thing! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Mitch gets to go spend hundreds of dollars on crummy text books nextt week. LAME! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. YA you do!!!! :D Aren't you excited?!!!! <3 !

    ReplyDelete